Head of Culture & TalentScaling a World Class Team and Environment
At Evolyst, we want to change mental health in the workplace, with our game changing analytics platform. We’ve worked with leading universities and healthcare providers to develop our system and are now need a world class team to take it to market.
We have a value-driven environment, where we don’t dictate to people what they do, but allow people to flourish in an environment where they want to work.
We want an individual who believes in our core values and behaviours, and can scale a team around them:
Visionary – Imaginative, Intuitive, Adaptable.
- We create a better future.
- We see opportunities, not problems.
- We dare to think different.
Tenacious – Cohesive, Fearless, Unwavering.
- We cross the line as a team.
- We challenge convention.
- We win, or we learn.
Principled – Humble, Empathetic, Admirable.
- Everybody is valued equally.
- We listen between the lines.
- We are true to our word.
Why work at Evolyst?
Evolyst is a friendly and nurturing, team environment. Innovation is encouraged from every member of the team at every level and changes are regularly made based on suggestions from staff. We want team members at all levels to constantly be improving themselves and those around them.
We can offer numerous benefits, including:
- Health Insurance for every employee.
- Discounts on wearable devices, gym memberships & spa breaks.
- Bi-weekly activities chosen by the staff.
- Training at every level.
Head of Culture & Talent Responsibilities
As Evolyst’s Head of Culture & Talent you will operate in 5 main areas:
Company Culture Development
- Take ownership of the culture and ‘feel’ of the environment.
- Develop and run a culture strategy.
- Collect and analyse key statistics.
- Tell a story around key metrics.
- Design and develop programs, communications, events, workshops, etc. that creatively and authentically reinforce our unique values and culture.
- Use our unique culture to head hunt and attract the best talent.
- Create and release job descriptions.
- Advertise key positions.
- Attend external events to assist with finding talent.
- Ensure employees are living the company values.
- Evaluate why there is any resistance to aspects of the values, and make changes where needed.
- Celebrate when individuals do something great, which embodies the company culture and values.
- Develop a learning environment.
- Develop a high-performance environment.
- Develop and run a unique induction for new starters.
- Work with managers on how to embed values and cultures.
- Work with managers to create, and update job requirements and core competencies for all positions.
- Work with managers to design, develop and execute employee goal & growth paths.
- Attend employee review sessions and assist with making sure employees are living by the company values and culture.
- Maintain the office environment, making sure it is a comfortable place to work.
- Discover what employees want with the office environment to help drive the company culture and values.
General HR Activities
- Work with outsourced HR company to make sure the company follows all legal requirements, e.g. contracts, handbooks, health and safety documentation.
- Liaise with outsourced HR company regarding and legal matters (e.g. disciplinary action).
- Review pay scales periodically, as well as individual employee pay.
- Review and maintain employee benefit schemes.
- Review and maintain employee reward schemes.
- Promote benefits and rewards throughout the organisation.
- Work with managers to coach and discipline team members.
- Counsel team members.
- Monitor employee HR system and work with managers to ensure engagement with the system (e.g. employee absence).
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Establishing personal networks.
- Participate in professional societies.
Personal Skills & Achievements
The right person would have the following skills & achievements:
- Enjoys harvesting a healthy, happy workplace with a real emphasis on a strong organizational culture.
- At least 2 years of experience in organizational leadership.
- At least 2 years of talent location and recruiting experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excels at operating in a fast paced, community environment.
- Excellent people & time management skills
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance with the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Persuasive with details and facts.
- Able to delegate responsibilities effectively.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- Assumes other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
- Participative management type — advocates team concept
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive — but able to recognize and support the Evolyst’s preferences and priorities.
- Phenomenal communication skills – both written, verbal and non-verbal
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations